Don't be a fool and live in the now. You must also live in the past. Because whether you like to admit it or not, if you screwed up in the past, then there's no coming back from it. Also, Patrick Lalime played in the past here. And he was really good. I mean like Van Damme in his prime good. He could do the splits while drinking a beer, eating a hotdog and having a Pepsi Cola, AND STILL SAVE THE PUCK.
Last night, Anderson tied the Sens record for most wins by a goalie with Lalime. And immediately all Sens fans agreed that Anderson is the best goalie to ever play for us. But let's look at the facts:
1. Lalime is a goalie. So is Anderson
2. Lalime had a better defensive team in front of him than Anderson. But Lalime doesn't cook chicken and cut half of his arm off and pass out from blood loss
3. Lalime had a hard time beating the Leafs in the playoffs. Anderson has had a hard time making the playoffs. Does this mean anything? I guess it's kinda how like how Luke Skywalker went to rescue Leia and he pretended to be a real Jedi, and they were all like "HAHAHA you're no Jedi. Here, you can be food for the monster guy". But then Luke is a real Jedi.
4. One has hair and one does not have hair. So like, Anderson's mask falls off easier and then he can't win I think.
5. Lalime had to face Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky. Anderson has to face Tyler Bozak. You do the math
In conclusion, I do believe Craig Anderson is a very good goalie, but Lalime is LaStar and there is a reason he is Ottawa's version of Rocky. You know, like they have in Philadelphia. Oh, my Granny is calling me. Gotta acid her bungons