Erik Karlsson just keeps rolling these days, but my attention was grabbed by a highlight of Thomas Chabot going end-to-end and scoring a goal that will make the eyes come out the back of your skull. It's got me to thinking about stuff. If you combine him with Karlsson, what will happen to the NHL? It will have to forfeit the cup to the Sens because it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the mortals. Speaking of mortals, has anyone heard of this video game called "Mortal Combat"? I saw it on a commercial watching an episode of SNL that I taped on VHS. Graphics look unreal.
Anyhoo, Ottawa played real well last night AGAIN and have now taken over sole place of 1st in the Atlantic. I'd like to formally apologize for my incorrect stat in yesterday's post. Basically what happened is Todd the Researcher fucked up big time. I fired him and he couldn't fucking believe it. "I'VE BEEN WITH YOU SINCE THE BEGINNING BRIAN. HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME?" And I felt bad but business is business. And he told me "YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A STREET PUNK" and he spit at me and took off running. The weird part about all this though is that there is no Todd....
Sens vs. Avs notes:
• Did anyone else notice Guy Boucher had a huge booger hanging out of his nose. Mike Condon kept staring...
• If this was the playoffs, would Turris, Stone, and Ryan be actually playing? I mean, when I was a kid, I played exhibition games with two broken arms...on Nintendo
• Is it possible that Erik Karlsson can catch Burns in scoring? Or even better, win the Art Ross trophy? No. The answer is no.
• Good for Craig Anderson becoming the winningest goalie in franchise history. He's only 658 wins away from breaking Brodeurs record. Go Andy!
• If the Sens had the choice to play any team in the 1st round, I bet they're pick NOBODY. That would be the easiest route to the second round